Friday, August 12, 2016

My Top Secret Skincare Routine


Picking and choosing products to wash your face with can be a daunting task. I'm still trying to figure out what's best for my skin; it seems to be working against me these days. Today I'm going to share with you my personal skin care routine. This is just what currently works for me; everyone's skin is different and some products might work better or worse for any one of you!

Because I don't have a current favorite makeup remover combo yet, let's just assume that makeup has already been removed!

Step One: Cleansing



I have two different face washes I use on a regular basis. When it is time for exfoliating, I use the Perfectly Posh BFF (Best Face Forever) Exfoliating Face wash! I got a sample in one of my ipsy bags, and I'd never previously heard of the brand before. I'm completely obsessed! This facewash smells amazing. Literally I am going to repurchase this almost entirely based on the scent alone. My face feels so fresh after using this. I can't get over how revitalized this makes my face feel. It is exfoliating, so typically I only use it one or twice a week. However, the packaging claims that it is gentle enough to use every day. You only need a small amount, so my sample size has lasted me quite a while. Once I get around to buying a full size, I'll probably test it out for everyday use; however, I have mostly dry skin so that whole idea just makes me nervous.


On days when I don't exfoliate, I use the Clinique for Men Charcoal Face Wash. Yes it says for men, BUT. It has done an amazing job at clearing up acne on my face. I tend to only have it on one spot and it never seems to go away; however, after continuous use of this, it is starting to subside. This is a huge deal for me because I've had the same acne in the same spot for years and nothing was able to even remotely do anything to help until now. I ran out of my face wash and use my husband's instead which is how I discovered this. Now I use it more than he does! 

Step Two: Tone 

My pores are out of control. Toning my skin after I cleanse is a must! The most difficult thing about finding a toner I like is finding one that doesn't shrivel up my skin. Most toners will kill my skin with dry patches, even though I moisturize religiously. The Neutrogena Clear Pore Toner does a great job at detoxifying my pores. Even after cleansing, this toner still pulls out dirt from my pores that face wash couldn't reach. The label does warn against over drying of the face, but I only use this once a day and it doesn't dry my face out at all. 

Step Three: Moisturizing


After toning I apply the e.l.f  Daily Hydration Moisturizer. This does not make me feel greasy or oily whatsoever. When I wake up the morning after applying this, it's like my skin has gone through a transformation overnight. My face feels so nice and smooth after using this. And for only eight dollars, you can't go wrong! 

Once a Week: Mask


Once a week I like to treat my skin to a deep cleaning of some kind. I have a few masks I switch between every week depending on how my skin feels. My absolute favorite mask to use right now is the Freeman Feeling Beautiful Avocado and Oatmeal Clay Mask. As I said before, my pores are out of control. This mask cleans out everything. It shrinks and purifies my pores so nicely, and it also brightens up my skin. It contains Vitamin E, avocado, and oatmeal to hydrate the skin. The packaging claims to be ideal for normal to combination skin. My skin leans toward the dry side and it works wonders for my face. 






Again, this routine is only what works for me and my skin type right now. Some products might not work as well for different skin types. If any of you feel like you have similar skin type to me and have some skincare tips to try, by all means tell me! I'm frequently buying and trying out new skincare products because there's so many out there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment