Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Travel Update: GRACELAND







 (Pictured: Casie Conn)
 (Pictured: Casie Conn)

      Good evening, lovelies! I hope your Spring Break treated you kindly, because mine sure did! I went to Memphis, TN to check out the home of the King of Rock 'n' Roll's mansion, and learn more about my favorite musical artist of all time! It was definitely a fulfilling trip, and I'm beyond blessed my second family invited me to go with them. (Shout out to Jimmy and Cathy Conn for bringing me along with them, love you guys!!)  I went on the VIP tour, and I got full access to the mansion, the planes, and the automobile exhibits!!
      While we were in line to get on the bus to take us to Elvis Presley's Graceland, we were handed iPads for the virtual portion of the tour, which was really cool. John Stamos was our virtual tour guide, and in each room we ventured, there was family pictures and family videos attached. Really cool!!
     My favorite part of the tour was Elvis Presley's Meditation Garden. The abbreviation IHS on the cross pictured above, is the Greek Iesus Hemeteros Soter which means "Jesus our Savior," and it was a popular Christian inscription in the early church.
     Before leaving, we stopped by Rockabilly's, a quaint little sandwich shop at Graceland. You can even get an Elvis favorite: grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich!
    I recommend a stop by Graceland, especially if you're an Elvis fan like me. It was worth it and more! Memphis, you were fabulous!

See you soon, xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment