Friday, September 23, 2016

Alisha Reviews: Kylie Cosmetics



    We all know who Kylie Jenner is; she's the most followed person on Snapchat and her family is forever in the media's spotlight. She has been taking the makeup world by storm ever since the release of her first lip kit. She has vastly updated her shades, and has even added glosses, "Kyliner" and even "Kyshadow!" When the craze first started, I didn't purchase any of her lipkits just because I knew they would be sold out from the hype that surrounded them. However, once I tried a friends Koko K, my life was forever changed. 
    I started really getting into makeup almost a year ago, and I hated wearing lipsticks. I could never get them on my lips right, and they always smeared everywhere. And none of the ones I ever tried lasted more than an hour on my lips. 
    My lipstick knowledge and collection has grown since then, and the Kylie lipkits have become my favorites by far. Currently I own six of her lipkits (two more coming in the mail, oops) and four of her glosses. I haven't purchased her Kyliner or Kyshadow, but again, I'm simply waiting for the hype around them to die down (plus I'm not sure if that bronze Kyshadow palette is quite worth the money...). 


Each Kylie lipkit comes with a liquid lipstick and a lipliner. They retail for $29. I've heard plenty complain about the price tag, but if you go to Ulta or Sephora and try to buy the same, you'll be paying about the same if not more for a high end lipliner and lipstick. Shipping, however, is worth complaining about. I paid $8.95 for shipping each time I ordered something. It hurt my heart every time I ordered something. But honestly it was worth it to me because as I've said before, they're my favorites. The lipstick is a liquid matte formula. A little drying as all matte liquid lipsticks are, but these lipsticks do not budge. I can wear any of these all day long and not touch it up one time and it will still look good by the end of the day. Especially if I don't eat anything messy. 




Love Bite is one of Kylie's newest shades. It's a mauvy purple, perfect for fall! It does look a lot darker on my lips though.




Kourt K was the first lipkit I bought. Mainly because Kourtney Kardashian is my favorite and I love dark lipsticks. This one is a little patchy on me, and this color is the hardest to get a precise line on my lips.




Ginger makes my lips look the best out of all of my other ones; it doesn't settle as much into my fine lines. The warm shade also goes with so many looks!







This shade is Dirty Peach and it is also one of Kylie's newer shades. I feel like this peachy shade looks the best on me out of the other ones against my skin tone.




Kristen is a berry shade named after Kylie's mom, Kris. She released it as a Summer shade; however, it does go on the lips darker than what it swatches so you could wear this at any time of the year.









Most of the nudes I have are all pinky nudes, so Exposed is a nude shade I don't have yet in my collection. It almost looks like Dirty Peach when I first put it on my lips, but when it dries it looks a million times better.








Kylies's glosses are $15 dollars each. I bought Like, Literally, So Cute, and the birthday edition Poppin'. After watching her commercial for her lip glosses, I had to buy all three of them. And the birthday edition was just because! Usually I don't buy glosses because I hate how sticky and tacky they are on my lips. But these aren't sticky at all. The applicator is a little brush, and the pigment in the glosses are very nice! Of course, considering they're a gloss, they're not supposed to be totally opaque or last forever on your lips. But they feel and look nice on the lips and I love them for days I
don't want to put in as much effort.


Top to bottom: Like, Literally, So Cute, Poppin


What do you think of Kylie Cosmetics? What have you tried? What are you dying to try? Let us know in the comments!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment